Olive Oil Date and Walnut Cake

iklan 336x280 atas
336x280 tengah
300x600

Olive Oil Date and Walnut Cake


his Olive Oil Date and Walnut Cake is the second dessert that I made this month. Come on! Don’t judge me. This is SUGAR FREE. The dates were so sweet that, the Olive Oil Date cake didn’t need any more sugar.  I just felt like baking a lot this month. This is my first born’s birthday month and the weather is getting cooler and  I just feel like baking desserts and entertain. 

Olive_Oil_Date_And_Walnut_Cake

INGREDIENTS:  
1 Cup = 128 grams  
  • 40 Dates. I used Medjool dates, but any other kind can be used. No restrictions.
  • 1 and 1/2 Cups Milk
  • 2 cups Flour. I used whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup Olive Oil
  • 1 TSP baking Soda
  • 1 TSP baking powder
  • 1 TSP Vanilla Essence
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or Almonds
METHOD:
  • Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Soak the dates in warm milk for a few hours.
  • Remove the seeds (If you are using dates with seeds). Grind them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in.
  • Add oil, vanilla essence and mix well
  • Add the flour and baking soda gradually and mix
  • Pour the batter in a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan (that’s the size I used) and bake for 35/40 minutes)
Enjoy the cake with a dollop of vanilla Ice cream or just as a Tea or Coffeecake. you won’t be disappointed.
336x280

Post a Comment

0 Comments